Dear GCC Member Chapters:
This semester, GCC has a number of big goals, and wants individual chapters to be involved in achieving them! This means more activities and exposure for your chapter. As part of this initiative, we are pleased to announce the Chapter Involvement Recognition Program starting this year.
For this program, chapters will be rewarded for effort and contributions towards GCC’s mission of fostering deep and trusting personal relationships among Chinese and non-Chinese university students. The top three chapters at the end of each semester will be rewarded with the following:
*Special framed award for the winning chapters
*Publicity on GCC media platforms worldwide and a press-release sent to media outlets
*Recognition at GCC’s two major 2013 conferences in China and U.S.
*Great GCC-branded items for chapter members
*Bragging rights for your chapter!
The following are included as areas of contribution that we especially value. In addition to helping promote GCC as a whole, your chapter will also gain exposure through participation in these. Please keep track of an approximate contribution to each of these so that you can submit them by the end of the semester. You don’t have to participate in all of these areas; overall contribution and excitement is most important:
1) Hosting events and activities
2) Sending in write-ups and/or images from these events or other updates
3) Having and contributing to your chapter social networks or GCC Global social networks from your university’s students (Note: All GCC social network pages are listed HERE)– i.e. Followers/likes added, Comments/links/shares/discussions posted, Images posted, Activity on GCC Connect (Ning), video/image/blog submissions, etc.
4) Having at least one member from your chapter fill out the GCC survey ( http://www.surveytool.com/s/S1C37059E2)
5) Submitting a 1-2 page write-up describing your contributions to email@example.com- due Sunday April 28, 2013. Exhibits/pictures/etc can be added in addition to the 1-2 pages.
6) Having overall chapter excitement, creativity, and GCC spirit!
Chapters will be judged by GCC officers and trustees based on the above criteria, as well as overall chapter actions from the semester.
If you have any questions or blog submissions/event write-ups to send in, please contact Bobby Franklin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you for participating and being a vital part of Global China Connection!
-The GCC Team